FTUK LEVEL 3 PERSONAL TRAINER COURSE £997
This qualification is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a Personal Trainer.
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a Personal Trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Our rates are competitive and courses are delivered by our experienced tutors, who are practical and hands-on in their approach. Training will take place at London South Bank University’s Academy of Sport, which has recently undergone £1 million of investment, so you’ll have access to a wide-range of fitness equipment.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded the YMCA Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training. YMCA is one of the UK’s leading awarding bodies in fitness, health and well-being.
- Anatomy and Physiology for exercise and health. You will learn the heart and circulatory system, the musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health.
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment. You will learn how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients. You will learn how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- How to communicate with clients effectively. You will learn how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme.
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme. You will learn how diet, lifestyle and physical activity contributes to fitness, health and wellbeing. You will learn how to collect, analyse and utilise nutritional information. You will also learn the principles of nutritional goal setting with clients, along with learning how to provide nutritional advice in line with nationally recommended best practise.
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme. You’ll develop the skills and knowledge required to plan a personal training programme for both individuals and groups.
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity in a variety of different environments. You’ll develop the skills and knowledge required to deliver personal training programmes for a wide variety of clients.
|Saturday 12 August||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 13 August||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 19 August||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 20 August||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 2 September||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 3 September||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 9 September||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 10 September||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 23 September||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 24 September||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 30 September||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 1 October||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Saturday 7 October||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Sunday 8 October||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 17 February||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 18 February||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 24 February||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 25 February||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 3 March||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 4 March||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 17 March||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 18 March||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 24 March||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 25 March||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 7 April||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 8 April||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Saturday 14 October||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Sunday 15 October||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent. Your certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before payment is made.
HOW TO APPLY: To book your place on the course please click the booking button below:
Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.
FEES AND FUNDING: This course cost £997 per person
PREPARE TO START: All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure.