FTUK LEVEL 2 FITNESS INSTRUCTOR COURSE £499
This qualification is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a Fitness Instructor in the context of gym-based exercise.
Courses are delivered by our experienced tutors, who are practical and hands-on in their approach. Training will take place at London South Bank University’s Academy of Sport, which has recently undergone £1 million of investment, so you’ll have access to a wide-range of fitness equipment.
You’ll study the science of the human body, as well the practical techniques and skills required to become a qualified Fitness Instructor.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing. YMCA is one of the UK’s leading awarding bodies in fitness, health and well-being.
- Anatomy and Physiology. You’ll study the heart and circulatory system, the respiratory system, structure and function of the skeleton, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments. You’ll learn about the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients. You’ll develop an understanding of the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- How to communicate with clients effectively. You’ll discover how to motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- Plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme. You’ll develop the skills and knowledge required to plan a gym-based exercise programme for both individuals and groups. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant key safety guidelines are observed.
All units are assessed by multiple choice theory paper/eAssessment, practical examinations and worksheets.
|Saturday 28 October||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 29 October||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 4 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 5 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 11 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 12 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 18 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 19 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Saturday 25 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Sunday 26 November||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 6 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 7 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 13 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 14 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 20 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 21 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 27 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 28 January||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Saturday 3 February||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Sunday 4 February||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 28 April||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 29 April||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 5 May||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 6 May||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 12 May||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 13 May||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Saturday 19 May||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Sunday 20 May||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Saturday 26 May||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Sunday 25 March||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Monday 4 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Tuesday 5 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Wednesday 6 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Thursday 7 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Friday 8 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Monday 11 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Tuesday 12 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Wednesday 13 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Thursday 14 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Assessment Friday 15 June||10.00am-6.00pm|
|Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent. Your certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before payment is made.
HOW TO APPLY: To book your place on the course please click the booking button below:
Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.
FEES AND FUNDING: This course cost 499 per person
PREPARE TO START: All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure.