FTUK LEVEL 3 AWARD IN NUTRITION FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY £197
This qualification is aimed at those wishing to increase their existing knowledge about Nutrition and how it aids in exercise.
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
Our rates are competitive and courses are delivered by our experienced tutors, who are practical and hands-on in their approach. Training will take place at London South Bank University’s Academy of Sport, which has recently undergone £1 million of investment, so you’ll have access to a wide-range of fitness equipment.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded the YMCA Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity. YMCA is one of the UK’s leading awarding bodies in fitness, health and well-being.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand the structure and functions of the digestive system
- Understand the role of macronutrients in the diet
- Understand the role of micronutrients in the diet
- Understand the Glycaemic Index (GI)
- Understand the role of cholesterol
- Understand the guidelines for a healthy, balanced diet
- Understand obesity and weight management
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme You will learn how to apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Collecting, analysing and utilising nutritional information You will learn how to collect, analyse and utilise nutritional information
- The principles of nutritional goal setting with clients You will learn the principles of nutritional goal setting with clients
- Providing nutritional advice in line with nationally recommended best practice You will learn how to provide nutritional advice in line with nationally recommended best practise
It is recommended that learners hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent. Your certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before payment is made.
HOW TO APPLY: To book your place on the course please click the booking button below:
Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.
FEES AND FUNDING: This course cost £197 per person
PREPARE TO START: All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure.